A bacon, spinach, and tomato omelette sourdough sandwich is a delicious and hearty breakfast sandwich that is made with crisp bacon, fresh spinach, and sliced garden-fresh tomato (BST) omelette topped with pepper jack cheese and sandwiched between two slices of Abigail's Oven Jalapeño Cheddar REAL™ sourdough bread.
This omelette is made with several eggs, bacon, spinach, and tomatoes. The eggs are whisked together and then cooked in a pan with the already crisp bacon and fresh spinach. The tomatoes are sliced and added to the omelette just before it is cooked through.
The omelette is then sandwiched between two slices of sourdough bread. The sandwich can be enjoyed plain or with your favorite toppings, such as cheese, avocado, pico de gallo, and salsa.
Here is our recipe for a cheesy bacon, spinach, and tomato omelette sourdough sandwich:
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tomato, sliced
- 2 slices Jalapeño Cheddar sourdough bread
- 2 slices of pepper jack cheese
- Your favorite toppings (optional)
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add a little butter or oil to the pan and swirl to coat.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook, until the eggs are set, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the bacon, spinach, and cook until the spinach is wilted, then add tomatoes to the omelette.
- Place cheese over the veggies in the omelette and allow it to melat for about 1 minute more
- Transfer the omelette to a plate and let cool slightly.
- Spread the bottom slice of bread with your favorite toppings, if desired.
- Top with the omelette and then the top slice of bread.
Butter the bread and grill for 5-8 minutes in a panini press
- Cut the sandwich in half and serve hot.
Here are some tips for making a bacon, spinach, and tomato omelette sourdough sandwich:
- Use fresh, high-quality ingredients. This will make a big difference in the taste of your sandwich.
- Don't overcook the omelette. The eggs should be cooked through, but still light and fluffy.
- Use a good quality sourdough bread. This will add a nice flavor and texture to your sandwich.
- Get creative with your toppings. There are endless possibilities! Try adding cheese, salsa, avocado, pico de gallo, or anything else you like.
We hope you enjoy this recipe for a bacon, spinach, and tomato omelette sourdough sandwich!
And remember, if you are looking for a place to get delicious sourdough bread for #NationalSandwichMonth, we are in more than 30 stores throughout Utah, at Farmers Markets in Ogden, SLC Downtown, Murray, So Jordan, Draper, Daybreak, Provo, and Spanish Fork. Of course, on weekdays you can always drop by The Store at the Bakery: Mon 12:00 PM-5:00 PM, Tue 9:00 AM-5:00 PM, and Wed-Fri 10:00 AM-5:00 PM, at 421 South 200 East in Spanish Fork, Utah.
Author: Darryl Alder lives with his wife in Riverside Lodge, which is their home, along the Provo River in Utah. He is a retired career Scouter and outdoorsman who spent many hours over a campfire using a Dutch oven and loves sharing recipes for the kitchen and the campfire alike. You'll find many of his recipes on this blog and can follow him on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter.